Vacheron Constantin Overseas Chronograph Perpetual Calendar in pink gold
More then a year prior, in June 2011, Vacheron Constantin dispatched the most complicated watch in the Overseas collection. The first Overseas Chronograph Perpetual Calendar came in a titanium/steel case, one of the three selections of metals that Vacheron Constantin offers. Recently VC dispatched another variant of the Overseas Chronograph Perpetual Calendar, yet now in pink gold.
Because the photograph of the VC Overseas Chronograph with dark blue dial, that we presented yesterday , got such countless positive reactions, we show you the Overseas Chronograph Perpetual Calendar (or QP from Quantième Perpetuel like the French say), in the very same point. A ‘dramatic’ see on a shocking timepiece!
To be straightforward, for the most part I’m a idealist and therefore no fanatic of blending styles. Since the Overseas is a stylish, rich and lively styled watch, my first reaction on blending this style in with an unending schedule would be incredulous. Anyway seeing the photographs of the new Overseas Chrono QP didn’t leave any space for question, this is a dazzling watch!
I can envision this watch won’t be worn during sports exercises, something for which the watch was initially planned, I’m sure it looks great with either easygoing apparel or combined with formal attire. The combination of the pink gold case on an earthy colored croc leather lash gives this watch an additional increase in “chic”. Thus does the combination of pink gold case with the dark/beige dial. The hands and hour-markers are emphasized with white radiant substance guaranteeing lucidness even in the dark.
Inside the Overseas Chronograph QP beats type 1136 QP, that comprises of 228 sections. This type is a mechanical self-winding development, similarly as one would anticipate from a games watch. It sways at the pace of 21,600 vibrations each hour and is supplied with a force hold of approximately 40 hours.
In expansion to the hours, minutes and little seconds at 6 o’clock, Caliber 1136 QP powers the chronograph capacities: focal compass seconds-hand, 30-minute counter at 3 o’clock and 12-hour counter at 9 o’clock. Furthermore, obviously it likewise controls the elements of the ceaseless schedule: day of the week, date, four year counter (!!) with jump a long time just as a moon-stage display.
The 18-carat pink gold 42 mm-measurement case, as men every single Overseas model, is water-impervious to 15 bar (around 150 meters) and houses a soft iron pen shielding the development from attractive fields of up to 25,000 A/m. The case highlights plan components alluding to Vacheron Constantin’s Maltese Cross insignia, that comes back in the bezel and emblazoned in the crown. The caseback additionally includes the renowned three-pole transport Amerigo Vespucci, similar to every Overseas model (and one Special Edition Panerai). Round brushing around the case back with sun-beam brushing around the engraved boat that looks dazzling. The measure of subtleties and complex completing applied of the case-back is amazing.
The Overseas Chronograph Perpetual Calendar is conveyed with two lashes: one vulcanized earthy colored elastic and an earthy colored crocodile leather tie. The two lashes are held together by a pink gold triple-cutting edge, twofold pusher collapsing clasp.
A truly cool added esteem is that the Overseas Chrono QP is conveyed with a lavish introduction box that is furnished with a watch winder! This assists with keeping the watch and its ceaseless schedule to show the right time and date, when it’s not on the wrist. A helpful and welcome extra, particularly while thinking about that changing an unending schedule and moon stage is consistently sort of a hassle.
- Reference – 49020/000R-9753 Overseas Chronograph Perpetual Calendar
- Calibre – 1136 QP mechanical self-winding
- Movement thickness – 7.90 mm
- Movement measurement – 28 mm (11 1⁄4 lignes)
- Jewelling – 37 jewels
- Number of parts – 228
- Frequency – 3 Hz (21,600 vibrations/hour)
- Indications – hours, minutes and little seconds at 6 o’clock, chronograph with segment wheel, 12-hour and 30-minute counters, unending schedule (day of the week, date, four year counter with jump year sign), moon phase
- Power hold – roughly 40 hours
- Case – 18K 5N pink gold, 42 mm in width, screwed-down crown and push pieces, strong case-back with stepped “Overseas” emblem, silk completed table, cleaned bezel, chamfered edges
- Water opposition – tried at a pressing factor of 15 bar (approx. 150 metres)
- Dial – light dark opaline with dark painted signs and scales, light dim snailed counters with 5N gold-plated jewel cleaned filets White painted outer zone, hands and hour-markers in 18K 5N pink gold with white brilliant material
- Strap – dull earthy colored Mississippi gator leather lash, hand-stiched, saddle-finish, enormous square scales, conveyed with a second tie in dim earthy colored rubber
- Clasp – 18K 5N pink gold triple sharp edge collapsing catch, twofold security with buttons
If you like to find out about the Vacheron Constantin Overseas Perpetual Calendar (or QP) ref. 49020/000R-9753 or other VC watch, then if it’s not too much trouble, counsel the Vacheron Constantin site .
This article is composed by Frank Geelen, leader proofreader for Monochrome Watches .