Speake-Marin launches the new Classic HMS
Today, Peter Speake-Marin dispatches another watch, the Classic HMS (Hours, Minutes and Seconds) that replaces the Original Piccadilly Collection with Enamel Dial . A shocking exemplary watch with a slimmer case, a muti-layered dial and a programmed development with 5-days power reserve.
After delivering the Serpent Calendar recently, that featured the new 5-day power reeserve development called Eros-1, the new development is called type Eros-2. Again a development named to help to remember Peter Speake-Marin’s London years. Accessible in tempered steel or 18-carat red gold case estimating either 38 mm or 42 mm.
This new Classic HMS is another translation of Speake-Marin’s Original Piccadilly assortment with Enamel Dial. The dials is presently a multi-layer dial in either silvered with a fine guilloche in the middle and a round grained external ring, or white-lacquered finish. These decisions of dial are more slender then the lacquer dial of the Original Piccadilly assortment and that enbaled Speake-Marin to decrease the tallness of the case to 12 mm.
The silvered dial’s roundabout graining external ring and winding guilloche brought down focus are hand-wrapped up. The white laquered variant shows a superb difference with the Foundation-style blued-steel hands and intense Roman numerals. A little garnish device symbol underneath the focal point of the dial adds a visual reference to one of the brand’s marks, that additionally comes, thinking back to the ‘mystery’ rotor.
The new Eros 2 type is a programmed winding development and highlights a long, five-day power save and the mark Speake-Marin ‘secret’ rotor. The development has a generally huge distance across and through the showcase back the exquisite roundabout grained 3/4 scaffold can be admired.
Classic HMS Technical Specifications
Dial and Hands:
- Multi-layered dial – either silvered or white-lacquered
- Silvered dial: Upper-level external ring roundabout grained by hand, lower-level focus adorned with fine twisting guilloche
- Central Speake-Marin signature Foundation turns in warmth blued steel, demonstrating hours, minutes and seconds
- Calibre Eros 2, programmed winding mechanical movement
- Dimensions: 30.40mm x 4.35mm
- Power save: 120 hours
- Jewels: 35
- Twin barrels
- Frequency: 28,800vph/4Hz
- Blued Speake-Marin signature ‘besting apparatus’ secret rotor
- Features hand-completed extensions and rotor
Case and strap:
- Iconic Speake-Marin Piccadilly case created in either treated steel or 18K 5N red gold, three-piece case development, measurements: 38mm or 42mm x 12mm
- Two-position crown: Manual winding and stop-second time setting
- Front and show back sapphire gems treated with against intelligent coating
- Water obstruction: 3atm/30m/100ft
- Hand-made, common croc leather strap
- Pin lock in hardened steel or 18K 5N red gold to coordinate case material
The new Speake-Marin Classic HMS starts at a value level of CHF 11,200 before expenses. More data can be found on the Speake-Marin site and the official Speake-Marin Facebook page .
Later I’ll distribute some photograph that I made recently, including some comparisson photographs between the new Classic HMS and my own Original Piccadilly with Enamel Dial. This article is composed by Frank Geelen, leader proofreader for Monochrome Watches .