Pre-SIHH 2012 – new IWC Pilot Watch TOP GUN Collection and much more news
IWC announces 2012 as the time of the Pilot’s Watch. They will treat us with numerous new models and build up the Top Gun assortment as an autonomous assortment inside the IWC Pilot’s Watch family.
The first to be appeared to us, is the pristine Pilot’s Watch Chronograph Top Gun Miramar. Yet, there’s more information on expanded widths, diverse plan components, another in-house fly-back chronograph type and an all new Pilot’s Watch Worldtimer! Let’s investigate what has changed…
First another model: the Pilot’s Watch Chronograph Top Gun Miramar. This is the ‘regular’ chronograph in the recently settled Top Gun assortment inside the Pilot’s Watch Collection. It’s dim clay case has a breadth of 46 mm. Inside ticks another development, type 89365, which appears to be a minor departure from type 89361 that was utilized in the Portuguese Yacht Club Chronograph . It’s likewise an in-house development with fly-back chronograph, yet with 168 hours of force reserve!
The dial will have an alternate look, being matte anthracite in stead of dark, and highlighting a red hour ring near the middle and beige hands and moment section ring. The new plan isn’t just for configuration purposes just, it likewise offers better legibility.
Pilot’s Watch Chronograph Top Gun Miramar:
– 46 mm in diameter
– earthenware back, titanium pushers, crown and case back
– matte anthracite dial
– red focal hour section and beige moment records and hands
– green material strap
– new in-house type 89365 with 68 hours of force reserve
– capacities: hours, minutes, date and fly-back chronograph
We’re not certain how the huge case will look on a normal wrist (46 mm isn’t humongous yet is still very enormous), yet we’ll make some wrist shots during the upcoming SIHH, so you can make your own inferences. We do adore the new plan, the fired case and the green material tie! Our conclusion… it’s BIG, in size, yet additionally in looks and performance!
Now on to more news…
– a new Big Pilot’s Watch Top Gun Miramar with comparable plan components as the imagined Chronograph Top Gun Miramar and a similar development, type 51111, as the ordinary Big Pilot’s Watch (ref. 5004), 48 mm in diameter
– a new Big Pilot’s Watch Perpetual Calendar Top Gun highlights an interminable schedule with its four-digit year show, moon stage show and seven-day power reserve,
– the size of the standard Pilot’s Watch Chronograph increment with 1 mm, presently 43 mm in diameter
– the dispatch of the new Pilot Watch Mark XVII with a breadth of 41 mm (2 mm bigger than the past Mark XVI)
– the Spitfire Chronograph with its IWC-made 89365 type will be accessible in red gold
– new Pilot’s Watch Worldtimer with a 24-hour ring that makes it conceivable to take a gander at all 24 time regions, including the Universal Time Coordinated (UTC). The city ring shows the names of 23 spots around the planet, every one of which addresses a time region. The dial shows nearby time, which can be changed advances or in reverse in one-hour steps – likewise when crossing the International Date Line. This likewise seems like another movement!
– the Pilot’s Watch Double Chronograph is now accessible in a bigger case (presently 46 millimeters) and features new red plan components on the dial
From what we could make up from the public statement, we’ve tallied at any rate one new type and conceivably one more for the new Worldtimer. Likewise new Top Gun assortment inside the Pilot’s Watch family and an expanded size for some models, anyway we’re not certain what we need to think about the those bigger diameters.
We’re almost certain IWC will treat us with heaps of ravishing new watches, so stay tuned for more news and live photographs from the SIHH later this month!
For all the more new you can generally look at the IWC site and their Facebook page .