Panerai Luminor 1950 Rattrapante 8 Days Titanio – Special Edition PAM427
Panerai just delivered another Special Edition in honour of the Panerai Transat Classic 2012, an exemplary yachts challenge that is supported by Panerai. The new watch is the Panerai Luminor 1950 Rattrapante 8 Days Titanio; restricted to 500 pieces and solely accessible from the Panerai shops around the globe .
The new Panerai Luminor 1950 Rattrapante 8 Days comes in a titanium case and inside ticks the great development, type P.2006, highlighting a few amazing capacities! Style-wise the hour markers (sandwich-style stick markers (at 12, 3, 6 and 9) and specks) on the dial show some likeness with the Radiomir S.L.C. 3-Days that was delivered recently; a first in the Luminor case.
The exemplary yachts race isn’t simply a race where wonderful vintage yachts can be appreciated by the crowd, no the quadrennial race goes from from Cascais in Portugal to Barbados. The members in the Panerai Transat Classique 2012 are voyaging 4,000 miles in yachts which now and again boast histories of 100 years or more.
Officine Panerai is a major backer of exemplary yachting ( simply look at this site here ) and in festival of this very leaving race they delivered this Special Edition distinguished by an etching of the logo of the Panerai Transat Classique 2012 on the back of the case. The watch has been made in a restricted release of 500 units, one of them reserved for the proprietor of the yacht winning the transoceanic race.
The Luminor 1950 Rattrapante 8 Days Titanio is a part seconds chronograph with a sublime development highlighting a vertical clutch and twin section wheels; caliber P.2006. The split-seconds work, otherwise called rattrapante, works two hands that are superimposed and mostly free. The primary, constrained by the catch at 8 o’clock, is the chronograph hand (with embellished “C”); the second, constrained by the catch at 10 o’clock, is utilized for estimating fractional occasions or a second event concurrent with the first (with emblazoned “R” for Rattrapante).
When the pusher at 8 o’clock is utilized to begin the chronograph, both focal seconds hands go round the dial all the while. By pressing the catch at 10 o’clock the white focal chronograph recycled stops and by pressing that equivalent catch once more, it rejoins the blue chronograph second hand.
This makes it simple to quantify for example a lap-time, while the chronograph keeps on estimating the whole time. The blue hand of the small minute counter moves in hops rather than ceaselessly, to improve readability.
The remaining force hold of the handw-ound development can be perused on the dial from a direct marker just beneath “8 days” that reveal to us how much force save type P.2006 has. That’s 8 days of force save and Panerai accomplished this by methods for an uncommon protected arrangement of three (!!) principle spring barrels.
Another highlight of the (as I would like to think) amazing type, is the seconds reset work that makes it conceivable to synchronize the watch with a reference signal. To accomplish this the seconds hand is reset to nothing and the balance wheel is halted until the winding crown has been gotten back to the running position.
The Luminor 1950 Rattrapante 8 Days Titanio has a brushed titanium case, estimating 47 mm in diameter, fitted with the notable Panerai crown insurance switch. The watch is water-impervious to 10 airs (identical to a profundity of around 100 metres).
The bezel is made of cleaned titanium and encompasses the dark sandwich dial. The construction of the dial comprises of two layers; the upper layer is the dark dial with cut-out hour-markers and the lower layer has Super LumiNova that radiates through the cut-out hour-markers.
The Luminor 1950 Rattrapante 8 Days Titanio comes on an elastic tie. It is sold only in Panerai stores all through the world and at a small number of expert watch shops.
- Movement: Hand-wound mechanical, Panerai P.2006/3 type, executed completely by Panerai, 13¾ lignes, 9.6 mm thick, 34 jewels, Glucydur balance, 28,800 variations/hour. KIF Parachoc against stun gadget. Force save 8 days, three barrels. Twofold segment wheel, 356 components.
- Functions: Hours, minutes, little seconds, linear power hold pointer, seconds reset device, split-seconds chronograph.
- Case: Diameter 47 mm, brushed titanium. Brushed titanium catches with etching and polished edges for the split-seconds work at 10 o’clock and for the chronographic functions at 8 o’clock.
- Bezel: Polished titanium.
- Back: Screw, titanium. Panerai Transat Classique 2012 engraved. Device securing the crown: (ensured as a brand name) Brushed titanium.
- Dial: Black with radiant specks and hour markers. Minute counter at 3 o’clock, seconds at 9 o’clock, direct force hold pointer at 6 o’clock, focal chronograph and split-seconds hands. Chronograph seconds scale on the outer edge.
- Crystal: Sapphire, framed of corundum, 2 mm thick. Against intelligent coating.
- Water-resistance: 10 bar (~ 100 metres).
- Strap: PANERAI customized elastic lash and large-size brushed titanium clasp. Supplied with a second tradable tie, an instrument to change the tie and a steel screwdriver.
- Reference: PAM00427
More information can be found by means of the Panerai site and the Panerai stores around the world.
This article is composed by Frank Geelen, chief manager for Monochrome Watches .